Top 10 Jobs for People with 2-Year Degrees
A traditional four-year college education is not the right path for everyone. Some people do better with an online education. Other people do better attending school part-time and taking 5-10 years to get their degree. Still others do better by just getting an Associates Degree instead of going further with their education. If you fall into this last category, there is good news for you. It is possible to earn a decent living with only a two-year degree. You just have to make sure that you choose the right degree path!
Here are the Top 10 most profitable jobs (and their average annual salary) for people with two-year degrees according to PayScale.com.
- Dental Hygienist ($57, 100). This is one of the best jobs that you can get with a two-year Associates Degree. There are both online and campus-based schools for people who want to get a degree to become a dental hygienist.
- Web Designer ($48,800). This twenty-first century job doesn’t require an extensive education. A two-year degree is sufficient to earn a solid living as a web designer. Then you can work just about anywhere in the world!
- Electrical Engineer Tech ($47,200). Electrical engineering or electronic engineering can be done as a two-year degree. You won’t gain the advanced engineering skills to turn this into the six figure income that you might with a more in-depth degree but you will be able to make a living.
- Computer Support Specialist ($46,100). Computer techs have to have the most up-to-date information for fixing computers. That’s why businesses regularly seek out new grads in this industry.
- TV or Film Camera Operator ($42, 600). You could have a really fun job running the camera on a TV or film set and make a decent amount of income each year while doing it. This only requires a two-year degree.
- Surveying or Mapping Technician ($42,100). If you enjoy math and technology but don’t want to be stuck behind a desk all day then a two-year degree to become a surveying technician could serve you well. You’ll do calculations on actual job sites most of the time.
- Executive Assistant ($37,700). Administrative assistants and executive assistants play an important role in most companies. These positions are available across a diverse range of industries so you can choose to work in a field that interests you with a two-year degree in this area.
- 10. Vet Tech ($33,400). People who love to work with animals but don’t want to spend all of that time in school to become vets may find that working as a vet tech is a great option.
Nurse ($55,300). Although there are a lot of people who go to nursing school for four years and end up with a Bachelor’s Degree, it’s actually possible to earn a decent living with just a two-year degree in nursing. The degree is an RN degree either way.
Remember that these annual incomes are averages. You may be able to earn more than this depending on where you live and which company employs you. Of course, you may also earn less than average based on these same factors. What you should find, however, is that you can earn more with your two-year degree than without it and it’s still only two years of your life that you have to commit to your college education.
Start earning your 2 year degree today through adult education and get going on a new career!