The Scoop About Argosy University
Interested in this school? Talk to an advisor at Argosy University now!
Argosy University Online
Is This the Right Online School for You?
Choosing the right online school can be a tough decision. If you are considering enrolling at Argosy University, the following information might be helpful.
Argosy has campuses around the country as well as an online program. The online program offers the schedule flexibility that people want in an online program and a range of career fields. In addition to Bachelor’s Degrees, they also offer programs for Master’s Degrees and even Doctoral Programs. The University is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Argosy offers several different colleges in fields including business, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences and undergraduate studies. Flexible online programs are available in the business programs, education and psychology.
The tuition cost at Argosy is on the expensive side for an online program. The cost for undergraduate classes is an astounding $525 per credit hour. Graduate Programs at all levels are $685 per credit hour. Doctoral Programs carry a cost of up to $910 per credit hour.
Argosy Reviews – the Great Things People Have to Say
Unlike many other online schools, Argosy enjoys an overall positive rating. Based on 22 reviews, the school is rated by distance-education.org at 3.8 stars. Reviewers reported the following positive things about Argosy. Onlinedegreereviews.org used 110 reviews to reach their rating of 5.1 out of 10.
- Students are challenged and they are encouraged to work harder.
- Skilled instructors.
- Prompt grading and return of all papers and projects.
- A high level of personal attention.
- Stimulating and challenging classes.
- has a high standard for admission.
- Professors had PhD’s from nationally recognized universities.
- Professors had years of experience in related fields and could offer a great deal to the students.
- Students appreciated the high standards and expectations.
- The substantial level of coursework made them feel that they were getting a quality education.
Negative Reviews of the University
cited the following problems:
- Students reported that advisers changed regularly over the course of their program.
- Several students complained about poor customer service.
- There were several complaints about classes not being credited and other paperwork being misplaced.
- There are several reviews indicating that the academic advisers do not effectively stay in touch with students.
- Others express feeling that the University is simply overpriced.
- As with many online schools, some students felt that Argosy only cares about collecting more tuition and is not actually concerned with the students.
- Other reviews indicate that papers are graded without giving any feedback.
Any college program will only return to you what you are willing to put in it. Hard work should always be expected as no program will be easy. It is also to be expected that every University will have some negative reviews. Most of the complaints regarding Argosy seem to be isolated and there are several glowing reviews expressing that the courses are challenging and the professors are knowledgeable. If you should decide on this University, you might want to be proactive with the support staff as they seem to have the most complaints.
Does Argosy sound like the school for you? Talk to an advisor at Argosy and get started today!